Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary Tour (Malaysia Tour Packages) Day Trip
Book this Tour Package (S91) now – from RM 347 / USD 100.
Batu Caves – A trip to the eastern suburbs of the city to observe a huge limestone outcrop housing an elaborate Hindu temple. The caves are a popular place of worship for Hindus and each year, during their auspicious celebration of Thaipusam, where hundreds of thousands of Hindus throng the temple.
The Department of Wildlife and National Parks – is established in Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre in 1989. The centre is a base for the Elephant Relocation Team, which began the elephant translocation programme in 1974. The only one of its kind in Malaysia, the team is dedicated to locating, subduing and then translocation problem elephants from areas where their habitats are constantly being encroached by plantations.
Furthermore, Kuala Gandah also aims to promote public awareness of the elephant’s plight in Malaysia. The centre also looks after orphaned elephants to ensure their continued survival. Come on down to enjoy the most rewarding experience where you are able to have fun with the elephants together with their highly skilled trainer in a river. Be prepared to get wet! Upon arrival, visitors will enjoy a briefing and 30 minute documentary highlighting the sanctuary’s conservation activities.
This package includes:
- Full Day Tour to Batu Caves, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary & Aborigine Settlement
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- Pick Up/Drop Off from major hotels in KL
- Entrance Fees as per itinerary
- Meals as stated (Simple Local Lunch/Packed Lunch)
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes:
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Expenses/Miscellaneous/Insurance
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- Meals provided in Elephant Sanctuary will be of simple local meal/packed lunch
- Kindly bring along mosquito repellent or long sleeve shirts, towels, change of clothes, comfortable walking shoes
- Requires some leisure walking
Day 1: (-/L/-)
|1000||Meet & Greet at KL City/ Hotel. Transfer to Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary. En route, have a short stop over at Batu Caves and for those who are adventurous, you may wish to climb the 272 steps to witness the panoramic view of KL city and a Hindu temple.|
|1100 – 1300||Continue the journey and upon arrival, enjoy a simple local lunch in Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.|
|pm||A 30-minute National Geographic documentary at the Visitors Information Centre will be shown.|
|pm||Enjoy a wonderful time with the Elephants.|
|1530 – 1545||Transfer to KL City / Hotel (you should arrive KL at about 1730-1800).|
Duration: Day Trip (7.5 hours)
Board Type: Meals as Stated ( 0B/ 1L/ 0D)
Travel Package Code: S91
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Gandah
Category: Nature & Ecology
Departs: 1000 hours (am)
Includes: Hotel No Flight No
Validity: 01/01/2015 – 31/12/2015
Package Price Per Person
Adult: RM 347.00 / USD 100
Child: RM 190.00 / USD 55
Minimum: 2 persons to go
For tour enquiry, contact us.